SecureDisc - Rimage Edition (SDR) integrates with the Rimage production suite to secure the contents of any DVD or CD using a password. SDR makes it simple to integrate encryption into an existing work flow by automatically encrypting the image data for each disc as part of the automated production process. Discs are encrypted using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit algorithm, and processed at the image format level for even stronger security. SecureDisc does not require the use of specialized media.
To read encrypted discs, the intended receiver only needs the correct password and does NOT need to download or install any software on their PC. The SecureDisc Explorer decryption client automatically deployed on each encrypted disc supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 (including 64-bit installations) and will automatically launch AUTORUN.INF scripting in the encrypted session once the correct password has been entered.
SDR works with Rimage’s Production Server service as a transparent proxy. When encryption is enabled, SDR automatically intercepts and encrypts the ISO or UDF image for each disc before recording. SDR's unique 'Forced Encryption Mode' can also encrypt every disc production job regardless of the upstream software work flow, eliminating the need to modify any third party applications.
Encryption passwords may be specified per job through Rimage API calls, legacy (Network Publisher/IOF/POF) job requests, a merge field in the label file, a password file included with the disc content or a fixed password that will be used for all discs produced.
Benefits at a Glance
- Automated encryption of DVDs and CDs during production regardless of current software workflow
- Highly secure 256-bit AES encryption using a FIPS 140-2 Validated Engine*
- User friendly 'zero footprint' decryption on client PC supporting all major Windows versions
- Simple password integration options to accommodate almost any production environment
- Supports all standard media compatible with Rimage production systems
- Compatible with any Rimage Producer or Professional Series equipment including many legacy models
- Rimage Producer or Professional Series
- Rimage software version 8.0 and above
- Windows XP, Server 2003 32-bit, 7 32/64-bit, Server 2008 or Server 2008 R2 (Rimage software version 8.5 or greater required for Windows 7/Server 2008/Server 2008 R2 support)
- 5MB free disk space for program files
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10 (32-bit or 64-bit); Windows RT is not supported
- CD or DVD reader
- Free disk space for caching the contents of the encrypted disc session
Encryption Engine Specifications
- 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Algorithm) with FIPS 140-2 Validation
- CBC Encryption Mode (each encrypted block has it's own key)
- 256-bit SHA for password-to-key generation
- Format/Image based encryption (performed at the block/sector level)
- SecureDisc - Rimage Edition is licensed per Rimage system (or Control Center, for non-embedded systems)
- Sub-licensed on a per-encrypted image basis
- SecureDisc Explorer and Resident Clients are free of charge for SAE customers
Click Here for Software Updates and Demonstration versions.
Click Here for SecureDisc Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
*See the SecureDisc FIPS 140-2 Statement for more information.