Have a product question?
On-demand file-based order fulfillment and reporting solution.
What It Does
Digital Warehouse is a product management, production, and delivery tool for content owners who distribute files. The defined products in DW can be distributed via CD/DVD, via web delivery as direct downloads, or through integration with IBM’s Aspera FASPEX. DW accepts an order on-demand for a pre-defined product and produces the required disc or download link/Aspera delivery notice. It can be integrated with third-party inventory databases, email systems, and most e-commerce configurations. DW captures metrics and updates order status information with confirmation of receipt based on shipping information, download link clicks or Aspera receipts.
How It Works
Digital Warehouse receives an XML-formatted request from email or an e-commerce system, or other automated system, and parses the order for the requested product. With a successfully parsed request, DW enters the request into its own database.
When DW processes a request, that request points to a specific product ID. Every “product” stored in the DW consists of a product ID, label file target, and ISO image target. This information is used to generate a request for production, which is sent for order fulfillment whether it is a direct download, IBM Aspera FASPEX delivery or a disk produced by a Rimage digital publishing system.
Digital Warehouse allows up to five merge fields to be embedded in any request. The merge fields are passed on to the Rimage for printing, and will be placed based in the merge field location in the label design.
No E-Mail? No Problem!
Digital Warehouse features an intranet website that allows users on the local network to submit new fulfillment requests manually, view completed requests, requests still in process, and products available to request.
Need Tighter Integration Than Just E-Mail?
Digital Warehouse can be integrated directly to any ODBC compliant database, for automated production based on inventory levels or other ‘triggers.’
What About "Custom" Disks?
Any product to be processed outside of the main Digital Warehouse server application is referred to as a “dynamic” product. Dynamic products, such as audio discs, require a custom script for each product ID to properly format the dynamic content to be recorded. Dynamic product scripts are written by us on a case-by-case basis, and replace a typical ISO image target entry in the product table.
Supported Products & Storage
Digital Warehouse currently supports ISO-9660 and UDF images for product output. Label designs must be Rimage compatible (Rimage CD Designer or PDF). PDF labels do not support merge fields.
Benefits At A Glance
- Instant delivery of products to authorized users
- Automation greatly reduces labor for order fulfillment
- IBM Aspera deliveries maximize network bandwidth and reduce latency on high-traffic networks
- Files are encrypted at rest and in transit.
- Metrics and reporting on order fulfillment and successful deliveries whether electronic or hard copy
- Eliminates disc-based product inventory
- Allows for 100% virtual stock
- Accepts XML jobs via e-mail
- Accepts order entry via database connection
- Accepts manual order entry via integrated Intranet page
- Simplifies e-commerce and other automated implementations
- Rimage Producer or Professional Series
- Rimage Suite version 8.0 and above
- IBM Aspera products
- Hardware not included, but available as an additional line item.
Digital Warehouse is licensed per-server